Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Blackheart Beauty Nail Polish Swatches and Comparison Part 2

~purchased by me~

Hello!
Here is part 2 of my blackheart beauty nail polishes. I have Purple Green Iridescent, Oil Slick and Violet Tendencies.
Blackheart Beauty Nail Polish Purple Green Iridescent, Oil Slick and Violet Tendencies
From left to right, Purple Green Iridescent, Oil Slick and Violet Tendencies.



First up is Purple Green Iridescent. This is a murky plummy color with bright green shimmer running through it. Makes me think of alien skin! Formula was good, this is three thin coats.

Blackheart Purple Green Iridescent swatch
Blackheart Purple Green Iridescent, three coats with topcoat
I thought it looked awfully close to Color Club's Port-folio. It's probably also like Zoya's Adina but I don't own Adina. Here I have Port-folio on my index and middle finger and Purple Green Iridescent on my ring and pinky. Both topcoated.

Color Club Port-folio and Blackheart Purple Green Iridescent comparison swatch
Color Club Port-folio (I+M) and Blackheart Purple Green Iridescent (R+P)
 Port-folio has a better formula and is less sheer. This only required two coats. Can you tell the difference? I can't! I call these dupes! They are really similar in the bottle too.

Blackheart Purple Green Iridescent and Color Club Port-folio bottle comparison
Blackheart Purple Green Iridescent and Color Club Port-folio

Next we have Violet Tendencies. Blackheart has some really uncreative names but this one was pretty good lol. This is three coats with topcoat. It's a purple to blue glass fleck duochrome, pretty!

Blackheart Violet Tendencies swatch
Blackheart Violet Tendencies, three coats with topcoat
I thought it might be similar to Sally Hansen's Laser and Milani's Blue Lightening. Here I have Laser on my index, Blue Lightening on my middle and Violet Tendencies on my ring and pinky. They look a lot closer in the picture than in real life. They are actually quite noticeably different, it's just that they all have that purple-to-blue duochrome glass fleck to them. There are a ton of other polishes that look like this. This is just the three I have.

Milani Blue Lightening, Sally Hansen Laser and Blackheart Violet Tendencies comparison swatch
Blue Lightening (I), Laser (M) and Violet Tendencies (R+P) w/ topcoat
Blue Lightening is the most opaque of these three, needing only two coats. It's also the only one with a royal blue base. Laser needed three coats and had a more purple base. Also, it has the weakest duochrome effect. Finally, Violet Tendencies has a clearly violet base. If I recall correctly, the duochrome becomes a lot stronger if you layer Laser over a black base, which is how I usually wear it. Bottle shots!

Sally Hansen Laser, Blackheart Violet Tendencies and Milani Blue Lightening bottle comparison
Sally Hansen Laser, Blackheart Violet Tendencies and Milani Blue Lightening
Last up is Oil Slick. This has duochrome glass flecks similar to Orly's Space Cadet or Hard Candy's Beetle but in a dark evergreen base. Gorgeous! I don't own anything like it. This is three thin coats.

Blackheart Oil Slick Swatch
Blackheart Oil Slick swatch, three coats with top coat
And a bottle shot, just 'cause it's pretty.

Blackheart Oil Slick bottle
Blackheart Oil Slick

So that's the six blackheart nail polishes I have to show you. I actually have two more but I didn't include them in this mini series because one of them, I fudged with and added some more color to it to make it less sheer and the other is a glitter topper with taco-ing glitter that I'll probably dump out and use the bottle to franken with! I'll make a post about those two separately. Hope you enjoyed the swatches and comparison!
Blackheart Beauty nail polishes can be purchased at Blackheart Beauty or Hot Topic for $5 or less.







No comments:

Post a Comment