Thursday, July 24, 2014

Blackheart Beauty Blue Ombre Foil Nail Polish swatches...kind of

~purchased by me~

So here is the Blackheart polish that I messed with. It's called Blue Ombre Foil which is a pretty bad name, considering it is neither ombre or a foil. Matter of fact, it was barely blue; it was so sheer. This is a duochrome flakie (a la Sally Hansen Hidden Treasure, Essie's Shine of the Times, Nubar's 2010, GOSH's Rainbow and Color Club's Snow-flake just to name a few) in an sheer wash of blue base.

Blackheart Blue Ombre Foil
Blackheart Blue Ombre Foil
Doesn't look very sheer does it? Well, that's because of this:


That's blue nail polish base that I got from TKB Trading made specifically for use in nail polish. Before I added it in, the polish actually looked pretty similar to what you are seeing now, just a little bit lighter. But on the nail, on the nail...! It was so, so sheer. So much so, that you wouldn't be able to reach opacity without layering it over something and I already duochrome flakie topcoats that I could use for that. Not only that, but because it was in a tinted blue base, it limited what colors I could layer it on top of. So I fixed it :)
A few blobs (not drops, because this stuff is hella thick) of the basic blue jellie and I transformed this once sheer flakie into a beautiful blue jelly polish with duochrome flakies.

Blackheart Blue Ombre Foil swatch
Blackheart Blue Ombre Foil, 3 coats with topcoat
I know you can see VNL here but IRL it's not as noticeable. Another picture to better show off the flakies.

Blackheart Blue Ombre Foil Swatch
Oooh, aaah
I have other polishes that are clear coats with these same flakies in it and I have a polish that has these flakies in a purple base (Layla's The Butterfly Effect). Also, I think Color Club's Uptown Girl might be similar to what I created here but I don't have it. Yet.

So what do you think of my mini franken? I really like it. If I ever get my hands on another bottle, I will do the same thing but green! Have you ever frankened a polish to make it more to your liking? I do it all the time! Especially for glitter top-coat polishes that I want to be full-coverage. The possibilities are endless!


No comments:

Post a Comment