Friday, July 25, 2014

Blackheart Beauty Nail Polish Multi Glitter Swatch and Taco

~purchased by me~


So this concludes the last of the Blackheart Beauty polishes that I own. Multi Glitter (damn that creative name) is a glitter topper with small turquoise hex glitter, large fuschia hex glitter and yellow, orange, silver, green and turquoise bar glitter in a clear base.

Blackheart Multi Glitter Nail PolishBlackheart Multi Glitter Nail Polish

The base is pretty good, if a little runny/floody. It isn't too thick though and you surprisingly don't need to fish for the large hex glitters. Since it's impossible to reach opacity on its own, I layered it over 4 polishes; a blue, a purple, a black and a white. Here are their bottle mug shots.

China Glaze Man Hunt, Zoya Monica, Rimmel Black Satin and Wet N Wild French White Creme
Man Hunt, Monica, Black Satin and French White Creme
From left to right we have China Glaze Man Hunt, Zoya Monica, Rimmel Black Satin and Wet N Wild French White Creme. Here's just a picture of the undies by themselves, for reference.


China Glaze Man Hunt, Zoya Monica, Rimmel Black Satin and Wet N Wild French White Creme swatch
Man Hunt, Monica, Black Satin and French White Creme, 2 coats no topcoat
I put one coat of Multi Glitter over each one. The glitters come out easily, no fishing required though you might have to dab a little to get the glitter where you want it. 


Blackheart Multi Glitter swatch over various
One coat of Multi Glitter over each
You can see those taco-ing glitters I was talking about. Not every single one of the large hex glitters is taco but a few will inevitably be in every manicure. You can see it best on my ring finger, over the black base.


Blackheart Multi Glitter swatch over various
One coat of Multi Glitter over each
Here you can also see them on my index, middle and ring. The index and middle one looks worse than they are. They are more of a reflective curl than an actual curl. The ring finger got it pretty bad -- there were 3 taco's on there. I decided to put on a second coat, to try to fill in some of the blank spaces.


Blackheart Multi Glitter 2 coat swatch over various
Two coats of Multi Glitter over each
You can see the taco pretty clearly on these. The taco isn't terrible but a taco is a taco. I didn't include this one as part of my blackheart swatches because some people consider taco glitter to be defective.


Taco Glitter Nail PolishTaco Glitter in Blackheart Multi Glitter

Here I picked out a taco onto a toothpick so you can see the rate of curl. And then that's what it looks like on the nail without topcoat. You might be able to get it smooth with 2 thick coat of topcoat but with tacos, I've found they usually manage to poke through anyway. Here I took the taco glitter and I placed it on the Zoya bottle cap so you can see it more clearly.


Taco glitter nail polishTaco glitter nail polish

So if you don't mind taco-ing glitter or are ok with fishing them off your manicure as you come across them, you might like this polish. It's unique, the formula is good and the glitters come out easily with no fishing required.


Blackheart Multi Glitter

So what color do you like it best layered over? I personally like it best layered over the white. It reminds me of flowers in a garden. Are you ok with taco glitter? Would you buy this? It grew on me a little bit but I don't really care for this type of glitter topper and probably will do what I said and dump it out to use the bottle to franken with. Blackheart Nail Polish can be purchased at Blackheart Beauty and Hot Topic in store and online for around $5. I bought this particular one in store and the label was all peeling off :(

No comments:

Post a Comment