Thursday, July 31, 2014

Sally Hansen Diamonds & Rubies vs Rimmel Stiletto Red Comparison

~purchased by me a long ass time ago~


So I was trying to figure out a new way to organize my swatch sticks and I stumbled upon what looked like a possible dupe! Things can look different on swatch sticks compared to on real nails though so I thought I would do a comparison for you guys!

Sally Hansen Diamonds & Rubies and Rimmel Stiletto Red
Look damn near the same though, don't they?
I know I bought these a long, long time ago, when I only had a handful of nail polishes. I had thought to myself, well you have to have the basics! And whats more classic than a nice red cream (creme?)? It's actually surprising I don't have more possible dupes for this shade but the only other red I have is more of a jelly/crelly so that doesn't count.

Sally Hansen Diamonds & Rubies and Rimmel Stiletto Red
Stiletto Red (I+M) and Diamonds & Rubies (R+P)
I absolutely adore the brush on the Rimmel Lasting Pro line. Wide and curved, it makes painting nails really easy, especially for a beginner. They only had 10 or so shades when I initially bought it but they discontinued the line now :( They've since replaced the line with one called Salon Pro I believe. The good part is that you can probably find all the shades in the line on clearance in drugstores! It's been awhile, but I think the last time I was at the drugstore I spotted some. The Sally Hansen Diamond Strength line has a nice skinny brush that is good for smaller nails (like my pinky).

Look, you can see my dumb head in the shiny reflection!
I really like the bottle on the Rimmel Lasting Pro line. They line up ever so nicely in the drawers of my helmer. The top is embossed with a little crown so they look good from above too. The brush and formula for the line was always impeccable. I recall being able to wear this with one coat (!) but I used two for swatches. They will be sorely missed. Now for the Sally Hansen Diamond Strength, this is the old bottle. I think the new bottles are all faceted, like a diamond. Pretty! Also, the little rhinestone etched into the front of the bottle is a nice touch. Both polishes are 2 coats, no topcoat.

Sally Hansen Diamonds & Rubies and Rimmel Stiletto Red
In sunlight. Yup, these are dupes.
I'm not bothered having these as dupes because red is such a basic color. You can wear it pretty much all year round (well, maybe except for spring) or really, any damn time you want, color appropriate seasons be damned. Also, I may have bought knowingly bought another red because one of them might have had trouble water marbling. I was really into that back in the day. You can buy Sally Hansen Diamond Strength polishes for about $4.49 at the drugstore. The Rimmel Lasting Pro line is discontinued but they were really cheap, probably even cheaper now that they are all being clearanced out.



No comments:

Post a Comment