Thursday, July 17, 2014

Sinful Shine Too Cool For Pool swatch and comparison

~purchased by me~

When I first read that there were three new Sinful Shine's glitters released on NouveauCheap I was immediately intrigued! I'm a fan of Sinful Shine and they hadn't released any glitters previously. There are three colors available 1478 Shine Annie, 1477 Sea Glisten, and 1479 Too Cool For Pool. Of the three, I only kept Too Cool For Pool. I didn't get Shine Annie the red and I got and then promptly returned Sea Glisten. It was very strange looking. The flecks pulled red in the shrek green base and made the polish appear spotty. Sorry I didn't get any pictures of it.


Too Cool For Pool without flash and with flash

As you can see, this is not a glitter but more of a glass fleck/shimmer. The other two shades released were the same. This is pretty much the Sinful Colors shade Cinderella but in a darker blue base. So if you liked Cinderella (of which many people do) you will probably like this.

Sinful Shine Too Cool For Pool
3 coats, no topcoat

If you recall, the formula on Cinderella is pretty terrible. Streaky, runny and thick at the same time. Tool Cool For Pool has a decent formula upgrade. I was able to reach opacity in three thin coats. The first coat was a little streaky/runny but everything was nice and even by the third coat. Opacity is good so you might be able to get away with just two coats and a steady hand.


Cinderella and Too Cool For Pool Comparison
speaking of steady hands, sorry about the flooding on the ring finger ^_^;

And now for the comparison! I swatched alternating nails with Cinderella and Too Cool For Pool, no topcoat. The color is obviously different, but I wanted to show how they use the same kind of shimmer/glass fleck.

Too Cool For Pool and Cinderella nail wheel comparison
Too Cool For Pool and Cinderella
Too Cool For Pool and Cinderella bottle comparison
Cinderella and Too Cool For Pool. Can you see the flecks?

So there you have it! One of the new shades from Sinful Shine. Are you going to get it?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is my first blog post. Nervous! I hope you enjoyed reading it. Be gentle with your words please ^_^. I decided to start this blog because...I wanted to see swatches of this new shade before buying it and I couldn't find any. Then, a few weeks after I bought it, I still couldn't find swatches so I decided to do it myself in hopes of helping some swatchless person out there. This blog will be mainly about nail polish and I will do swatches, comparisons, nail art and the like. Hope you will join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment