Monday, August 4, 2014

Shiny Gold Comparison!

~purchased by me~


Hello everyone! Hope you had a great weekend! Today, I thought I would share my stash of shiny gold polishes. I actually used to hate wearing the color gold and was a silver girl all the way. But now I've learned to accept the shiny goodness and warmth that a good gold can bring.

Sparitual Solstice, O.P.I Goldeneye, Wet N Wild The Gold & The Beautiful, Sinful Colors All About You
Sparitual Solstice, O.P.I Goldeneye, Wet N Wild The Gold & The Beautiful, Sinful Colors All About You 
I knew straight away that the Wet N Wild and Sinful Color polishes weren't going to be the same as the other two but they have the same kind of golden glitter so I thought I might as well showcase them. The Sinful Colors polish also has reddish glitter in it.

Sparitual Solstice, O.P.I Goldeneye, Wet N Wild The Gold & The Beautiful, Sinful Colors All About You
Solstice (I), Goldeneye (M), The Gold & The Beautiful (R), All About You (P)
I first got Goldeneye when I saw my cousin wear it. I was like OMG what is that?? It looks like real gold on your nails! And she told me about this polish and highly recommended it to me. I got Solstice soon after that. The other two I just picked up randomly. I'm wearing 3 coats of each for all of these but you can wear Solstice and Goldeneye at just two coats. The Gold & The Beautiful and All About You are too sheer to wear on their own unless you don't mind wearing 5 coats of polish! They are much better for layering.

Sparitual Solstice, O.P.I Goldeneye, Wet N Wild The Gold & The Beautiful, Sinful Colors All About You
Indoors, natural lighting.
Solstice is the most dense out of the three, followed by GoldeneyeThe Gold & The Beautiful and All About You. IRL, Solstice and Goldeneye are really similar, with Solstice just being a tad more opaque. You can tell that the other two have the same kind of glitter in them, just in less dense quantities. Also, I think that the Sinful Colors one might have slightly larger glitter. And just if you're wondering, Zoya's Maria Luisa and NYC Top Of The Gold are made of different materials. They have more of a gold cellophane flake and yes, they are dupes of each other. For that reason, I don't have the Zoya one. Also, I think it looks terrible on it's own. I don't know how Zoya managed to get such beautiful swatches of Maria Luisa because on my nails, Top Of the Gold alone just makes my nails look dirty and yellow.

Sparitual Solstice, O.P.I Goldeneye, Wet N Wild The Gold & The Beautiful, Sinful Colors All About You
I was losing sunlight fast so this was the best I could do. Sorry.
These are really sparkly and shiny in real life. I missed my chance to catch it in strong direct sunlight so I'll have to swatch it again sometime. All four are totally worth owning, though if you could only get one, I would suggest the Sparitual one. The O.P.I one is great too, just not as opaque. I bought the Sparitual polish from 6pm.com for only $4.99 though it retails for $12.00 at places like Ulta. The O.P.I I bought online for $6 from Amazon. It's from the past James Bond collection so it's harder to find in store. The Wet N Wild and Sinful Colors are core so you can get them anywhere! They are really cheap too, at $1.99 each. Being drugstore, you can easily get them for $1 or less if you catch them on sale!


No comments:

Post a Comment