Thursday, August 21, 2014

Sinful Colors Pride Swatch and Review

~purchased by me~


Initially I wasn't a big fan of multicolored glitters such as Deborah Lippmann Happy Birthday, Milani GemsConfetti Tasmanian Devil, OPI Rainbow Connection and Wet N Wild Part of Five. Most swatches I've seen of glitters like these use them as toppers and I've never really been into glitter toppers. But then, when Sinful Colors Pride came out, the very first swatch of it I saw was full coverage. Color me intrigued!

Sinful Colors Pride
DIY Peel Off Base Coat, Sinful Colors Pride, NYC In A New York Minute Topcoat
For full coverage glitters I've started using homemade peel off base to take the pain of removal away. The foil method works good for glitters too but it takes longer and makes my fingers super dry from all the acetone. I used up all the Seche Clear Base Coat (it's meh) and cleaned out the bottle with acetone, let it dry and then mixed elmers white glue with a splash of water. You just paint it on and let it dry (10 minutes, dries with a matte finish) then use whatever nail color you want and top coat if you're using any. The only downside to peel off base is that the nail polish can just "pop" off your finger at any time. If you just keep the peel off base coat on your person, you can just apply another coat of it on the polish-less finger and stick the peeled off color back on and it should stay. I usually get about 3 days of wear with this base coat before my nails start taking off their clothes ;).

Sinful Colors Pride Swatch

This is three coats with only one coat of top coat. It's not thirsty at all and is pretty smooth on its own. It's very glitter dense and the formula didn't give me any problems. My nails weren't thick afterwards either. Walgreen's is running a promotion where Sinful Colors polishes are only $0.99 valid 08/17 - 08/23 and I have seen this in stores at every single Walgreen's I've been to so if you are interested you should go get it now.

Sinful Colors Pride Swatch

It took some getting used to in the beginning. It's very...busy. Also shiny and sparkly but it's a little much for everyday wear. It grew on me though and I do like it very much. Also, removal was a breeze, haha.

Sinful Colors Pride Peel Off Basecoat

Do you like multicolored glitter bombs? Which are your favorites?


No comments:

Post a Comment