Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Silver Foil Comparison! Sinful Colors Heavy Metal vs Orly Shine

~purchased by me~


Ah, silver. My first love. When it comes to metallic colors anyway ;). I actually have a few silvers but these are the only ones that I thought were similar enough to compare. O.P.I This Gown Needs A Crown is a matte silver glitter, their Push and Shove shade is a chrome and Pure Ice Mercedes is too smooth to be a foil. I guess it's a chrome too? A brushstrokey, not as shiny chrome? Also Sinful Colors Charmed has tiny multi colored glitter in it. Pretty, but no dupe. Sally Hansen's Celeb City, Wet N Wild Silvivor, Zoya Trixie and Revlon Sequin probably are also dupes, (just to name a few!) but I don't own those. Nearly all brands have come out with a silver foil and they all pretty much look the same.

Sinful Colors Heavy Metal vs Orly Shine
In sun

Sinful Colors Heavy Metal vs Orly Shine
Indoors
I got the Orly from one of those 3 pc nail art sets that Sally's Beauty carries, that's why the bottle looks so skinny and tall lol. These Orly mini's are really nice though because they use the same brush as the original Orly's and the brush handle is nice and long. Two coats each, no topcoat.

Sinful Colors Heavy Metal vs Orly Shine
Sinful Colors Heavy Metal (I+M) and Orly Shine (R+P)
Foils are nice and easy to wear, even if they leave flecks all over your fingers after cleanup.

Sinful Colors Heavy Metal vs Orly Shine

Formula is the same, opacity is the same, brush is good on both. No complaints here. Solid dupes; you only need one. The Sinful Colors one is probably cheaper.

Sinful Colors Heavy Metal vs Orly Shine

Heavy Metal is from their past Hot Flash Metallics collection so you might have trouble finding it now. I believe the Orly is core. There are a ton of dupes out there if you are looking for a good silver foil though. I know that Zoya Trixie is really popular but I never bought it since I know I already own two dupes of it. Also, I rather get new unique Zoya shades then waste my money on a dupe! Sinful Colors can be bought virtually everywhere for $1.99 retail and Orly can be bought from beauty supply stores like Sally's or Ulta for $8.00.


No comments:

Post a Comment