Friday, August 8, 2014

Zoya Binx Swatch and Review

~purchased by me~


I like the Zoya brand a lot. They have nice colors, do a lot of promotions, their bottles are nicely shaped, they don't have long names and their formulas are 5 free and usually excellent. They recently had a nice promotion that I didn't partake in but the promo they had before that was really good and I couldn't pass it up. Buy any three Zoya polishes and just pay the shipping price of $12. What a steal! I had a hard time deciding but after looking at some swatches I decided on Cosmo, Binx and Stassi. Today I'm showing you my swatches of Binx. This is what I used!

Zoya Binx

Now. As you may or may not know, I'm not big on purple and this is described as "a spicy orchid purple dappled with gold metallic and holo sparkles. The exclusive liquid-metal holographic jelly formula is full-coverage in 2 coats. With undertones evenly balanced between red & blue, this shade is flattering to most skin tones." via the Zoya website. So you may be wondering why I chose this particular shade. Well, I saw a swatch of it on Pretty Girl Science and it looked so beautis. This might be true on her but on me, well...


Zoya Binx Swatch

I really don't like this color on me.


Zoya Binx Swatch

Nope.



Not better. 



No matter how I twiddle my fingers, I simply did not like this on me at all. As soon as I put it on I thought to myself . . . this is a color my mother would wear. And not in a good way either. Formula was fine, you can get away with 2 coats even on long nails; it will just be a softer pink color. At three coats the nails match the bottle shade. And at three coats, I wanted to take it off. I don't like this at all. With my skin tone, this color may even be SFW. I think it looks really good on skin tones paler than mine or if you like the color purple but on me it was so dull and blah looking T_T. The polish itself is pretty but it's just not my style and I think it hates me as much as I hate it haha. Maybe I'll try to mattify it and see if it's any better. Now I regret not getting the Magical PixieDust shade Bar in it's place. Next time!
Zoya polishes can be bought at Ulta or the Zoya website. They retail for $9-$10 but often run promos.


**UPDATE**
So I tried to mattify it. It looks better but still not that great on me. I used Warpaint Beauty Matte topcoat (You can get it at hot topic). I'll have to try to layer it over a different color next time.

Zoya Binx Matte Swatch





No comments:

Post a Comment