Monday, August 11, 2014

Zoya Ali Swatch and Review

~purchased by me~


I love wearing neon shades in the summer and I think one color that compliments every skin tone is a good bright pink! I actually used to not like wearing pink anything, nail polish included and I also used to not like wearing cream (creme?) nail polishes. A lot has changed since then! This is what I used:

Zoya Ali Swatch

Ali is described on the Zoya website as "Ultra-bright warm medium neon pink creme.A fluorescent shade for maximum impact." I think this description is right on! Medium neon describes it perfectly! It definitely has some sort of neon pigment in it because it dries semi matte. You can use two coats if you have shorter nails but I needed three to cover VNL.

Zoya Ali Swatch
In sun
It dries a little darker than bottle shade but it's still bright. The formula was very easy to work with, not sheer nor streaky.

Zoya Ali Swatch

Zoya Ali Swatch

Some people say that Zoya polishes chip like mad on them. The only Zoya's I have worn for more then a few days were the PixieDusts, which wear like iron since they are basically glitter bombs so I can't really comment on that. I've also heard that the reason why Zoya's don't wear well for a lot of people is because they aren't using the Zoya base and top coats in conjunction with the polishes. I don't think it's so much the brand as the ingredients that Zoya polishes seem to have a problem with. A lot of bloggers have noted that using a base or top coat with the ingredient cellulose acetate butyrate (a common ingredient in fast dry top coats) may be causing the problem. I used Seche Vite as my topcoat which contains this ingredient so I'm not really expecting fantastic wear lol.

Zoya Ali Swatch

Zoya Ali Swatch

I like this color a lot! If you are on the market for a medium neon pink shade, consider this one! Also, I'll keep you updated on the wear ;).
Zoya polishes retail for $9-$10 and can be purchased on the Zoya website or at Ulta.


No comments:

Post a Comment