Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Ciaté Pinkalilly and Pinkaboo Swatch and Review

~purchased by me~


I picked these up separately at TJMaxx for $3.99 each but it was originally released as a duo set for Breast Cancer Awareness and sold for $28. This is my first time trying the brand. Keep reading to see my thoughts below!

Ciaté Pinkalilly and Pinkabo

The brushes are nice on these and I like the long cap; makes it easy to grip onto when I'm painting. Also the slim profile of the bottles takes up less room in my Helmers than a regular bottle of nail polish (but makes posing my hand on the bottle quite difficult!). The bow is also a very cute touch.

Ciaté Pinkalilly Swatch

Ciaté Pinkalilly Swatch

Pinkalilly has a good formula; this is two coats. The golden flecks are annoying when you are trying to clean up though so use a steady hand to minimize any mistakes so that you won't have to deal with it. I put one coat of Pinkaboo on my ring finger as an accent.

Ciaté Pinkalilly and Pinkaboo Swatch

Pinkaboo is a holographic bar/hair glitter in a sheer pink base and it's quite glitter dense. I know some people can't stand bar glitter but I personally don't mind it. The suspension base was a little thick and goopy but not unworkable. You can add a drop of thinner if it bothers you.

Ciaté Pinkalilly and Pinkaboo Swatch

Ciaté Pinkalilly and Pinkaboo Swatch

I think it looks pretty cute! I usually don't wear holographic bar glitter over any color other than black but I made an exception for this since it normally comes in a set with the other one. Tomorrow I have planned a little bar glitter comparison post so stay tuned if you're interested!


No comments:

Post a Comment