Monday, September 8, 2014

Haul Post! well...sort of

~purchased by me~


So I didn't actually haul this all in at once (which I think what a haul technically is) but more like I've gathered over the course of a few weeks. Also, I got them all at different places; 4 stores to be exact! So first up is a peachy/coral polish that I picked up at Sally's Beauty Supply. It was on red tag clearance for $3.29. I am (was! more on that below) lemming hard core for China Glazes Sun Of A Peach. I really wished I had picked that up when it first came out. Anyway, Sun Of A Peach is an orange pastel neon. Every polish that I've gotten since trying to replicate it has fallen short. Not neon enough, too pink etc. etc. This also was not what I wanted but it's a cute shade nonetheless. China Glaze When In Doubt, Surf It Out from the Summer 2014 collection Shore Off.


China Glaze When In Doubt, Surf It OutChina Glaze When In Doubt, Surf It Out

Next I have two Ciaté brand polishes. This is their breast cancer awareness duo that they released back in 2012. I found these at TJMaxx for $3.99 each. Pinkalilly is a bright pink with gold shimmer/flecks (I'm obsessed with this type of shade it seems) and Pinkaboo is a holographic bar/hair glitter in a sheer pink base. This is my first time trying the brand!
Ciaté Pinkalilly and Ciaté Pinkaboo
Pinkalilly (L) and Pinkaboo (R)
Next up is four lovely lovely polishes I picked up from Claire's. I heard that Color Club makes their polishes though I'm not 100% on that. Also, it appears that they've changed their bottles up since I last been there. Now their bottles look like Model's Own bottles. First up is two duochrome polishes: Claire's When In Chrome and Chrome Is Where The Heart Is.

Claire's When In Chrome and Chrome Is Where The Heart Is

Claire's When In Chrome and Chrome Is Where The Heart Is

Note how the bottle boasts a sticker touting the holographic nature of these polishes. These aren't holographic, not in the slightest. They are duochromes/multichromes. Nail polish companies seem to get this mixed up a lot! 
Next up is two gorgeous neon colors I've been looking for for a while now. The yellow is Sunshine and the orange is The Extra Mile. I don't know if The Extra Mile is a dupe for Sun of A Peach but it's good enough for me! Lemming cured! (or satisfied?)

Claire's The Extra Mile and Sunshine

Claire's The Extra Mile and Sunshine

I love both of these and can't wait to wear them. I'm pretty sure that Sunshine is going to need some white undies but the color is exactly the shade of unabashed yellow highlighter that I've been looking for. The Extra Mile is a bit lighter/brighter than it appears here and it's perfect. I got these on sale BOGO 1/2 off and they are $4.50 each.

Finally, I went to CVS the other day planning on picking up some NYC nail polishes because the red coupon machine printed out a coupon for $1 off NYC polishes and I had some extra bucks about to expire. I went with the intention of picking up Hamilton Peach (they didn't have it) and look what I stumbled across instead!

NYC Fall 2014 Limited Edition Fashion Queen Collection

It's the new NYC Fall 2014 Limited Edition Fashion Queen Collection! And not only that but NYC polishes were BOGO 1/2 off that week. I got four of them: the green, blue, red and purple. I didn't get the last two polishes you see on the far right because the black one looks a lot like Sinful Colors Black Magic and I'm not a big fan of brown nail polish. Here's a closer look:

NYC Crystal Couture Collection

NYC Crystal Couture Collection

These are my favorite kind of glitter polish. It's glitter in a buildable jelly base. Swatches coming this week!


No comments:

Post a Comment